Our school extension is close to completion. Click below for photographs of the school extension works, recent photos, fundraising events and our new sensory room:
Last year we opened our 'Sunbeams' Class - a special class for children with multiple disabilities. This class offers an interactive and specific learning environment within a mainstream, co-educational national school for children who would otherwise have to travel long distances to attend a Special School. We are very excited about this progressive move for our school and our community.
The Department of Education have allocated us a grant to build an extension to facilitate this special class. After consultation with the staff and board of management and further to recommendations listed on the most recent WSE report, there are a number of essential adjustments that need to be made to the interior of the school to address whole school needs along with the provision of an office, toilets and storage space. None of these extra costs are covered by the money granted by the Department. Therefore there is a significant shortfall between the grant received from the Department of Education and the cost of the building work that is necessary to upgrade the facilities at the school. Approximately €120,000 is needed to make up this shortfall.
This is a considerable amount of money but it is essential to go ahead with these building works in the best interests of our pupils and of the wider school community.
We are in the process of a mammoth fundraising drive to reach the required funds. The generosity of the fundraising committee, the local and wider community, local businesses, past pupils etc. have been outstanding. Please contact the school on 09868651 or email email@example.com if you would like to donate or click on www.gofundme.com/killeenschool .
We would like to thank everyone who has donated their time and money so generously. Our extension is now close to completion and our school looks amazing. Míle buíochas.
DONATE online now at
If you wish to donate please contact the school on 09868651 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU TO...
1. Nomadic Display Ltd
2. 1916 Play - "The Road to Independence"
3. Kavanagh Group - Supervalue
4. Castlecourt Hotel Group
5. Louisburgh Drama Group
6. Pyjama & Mad Hair Day
7. Anonymous Donations
8. 2016 Fun Day & Duathlon
9. Mrs. Sal O'Sullivan
10. Mr. Peter Sweeney
11. Allergan International Foundation
12. Office Machine Solutions
13. Mayo Madness Draw
14. 2016 & 2017 Clothing Collections
15. Mayo Association, Philadelphia
16.Ladies Fashion Show Extravaganza
17. Online funding on 'gofundme.com'
18. Christmas fundraising- Play, Carol
singing & quiz (€2,435)
19. Cian & Clodagh O'Malley raised
€100 on the 'Wren Boys"
20. New Years Killeen/Louisburgh
Church Gate Collection (€1,619)
21. Corrib Oil
22. Vertex Roofing Systems Ltd.
23. Sr. Xavier Garavan
24. Killeen Fitness Group
25. Music in Tesco for St. Patricks Day
26. Michael & Bridie Lyons (Galway)
27. Mary Garrivan (New York)
28. Tesco Community Fund (€437.55)
29. Killeen Community Council Raffle
30. Michael J. Needham (Salthill,
31. Carol Ralph, Laughta, Louisburgh
32. Padraig Leamy, Bunowen
33. Football Blitz (Summer 2017)
34. Bingo Summer 2017 ( €725)
35. Baxter Healthcare
36. Morrison Estates (Dublin)
37. Mary & Arthur Burke (London)
38. Mwelrea Climb (€4,252.72)
39. Grant Funding Electric Aid
40. Foróige (€350)
41. 2017 All Ireland Mayo Raffle
42 Mary Coombes (U.K.)
43. Mayo Association of Philadelphia
44. Vincent & Angela Moran
45. Eileen Needham (San Francisco)
46. Mark McCallum Cake Sale - €60
47. Family Pub Quiz 3 Nov 17- €790
48. 2017 Clothing Collection - €1587.50
49. 2017 Christmas fundraising - €420
50. Mayo Foundation - USA - €384.26
51. Mary Mc Loughlin & Card Players